The drawing was created for a piece that was going to be carved into a piece of MDF wood. I added peoples heads being drained by attaching peoples heads on pipes all going down to a vortex. I used a mix of nature and industrial architecture to link with the theme.
I started out the carving by having a rough outline of the pipes and water going down to a vortex. I could not include too much of the imagery because there was not enough room on the small block of MDF.
The print is only experimental to see if the print-press is on the correct setting and see the depth of the groves after being carved for four hours but also blacken the MDF more before I taken the photo of the block at the top.
I went back carving out the wood block to try add more imagery in the background and add more detail by spending more time. I did add a slight change on the piece then completely follow the drawing because I like to add more textures and pattern behind the design.
These are the outcome of the prints.

No comments:
Post a Comment